Monday, October 1, 2018

Library Love

This past week I made an apple pie, went to my monthly Library Board of Trustee Meeting, and changed out the children's display case at my local library. The first was delicious, the second a fruitful endeavor, and the third creatively satisfying. Creating displays about reading is almost as fun as writing.


So when I checked my "to read" pile this week I was overjoyed to find two books about libraries and library books. The first book, The New Libearian, took me to an imaginative library where the librarian went missing and the children hunt for her. But instead of their favorite librarian, they find a new roaring, growling, stomping liBEARian. Hillarity ensues until the real librarian  shows up and restores story time to order.


The second book, The Library Book, told the tale of a young girl's trip to the library one rainy morning. As she tries to decide which book to check out, the characters from great classics come to life and beg to be taken home.


Both these books would make great reads for the five to eight crowd. So run to your library to check them out. And if your library doesn't have them yet, be sure to ask your librarian to order them!

Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment