Monday, October 29, 2018

Weather



This past weekend, Bobby and I took a trip to Ohio Amish country to celebrate our October Anniversary and the fifteen years we've traveled the road called life together. The weather was misty and the air slightly chilled, but we didn't let that deter us from enjoying the day. On the ride there, we saw a large flock of wild turkeys. Once there, we parked our car and walked to nearby craft buildings, antique barns, and to an Amish buffet with the most divine broasted chicken.

When we were too tired to walk any more, we headed back to the comfort of our home enjoying a more scenic route than the one we took to begin with. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so the only pictures I have to share are two from my phone.



The book I chose for this week's review fits in quite well with the weather theme above. I chose it before my October Library Board of Trustee meeting purely based on the lovely cover art. The book, titled Red Sky at Night, consists of old sayings about weather, a few of which I had even heard of. As part of the back matter, the book includes a weather wisdom page that describes what each saying means and a little segment about the beautiful paper work the author/illustrator creates.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment