Monday, August 21, 2017

Diving In...

Have you ever heard the old saying, "Dive Right In"? It means to start doing something with enthusiasm. This is pretty much my motto. Each week I dive into Farmers' Market. I post pictures of my vendors and their products like this one of my card vendor Linda's prizes from the fair. I dive into my baking. And I dive into taking care of my customers and vendors alike.


I also dive into my week, scratching each accomplishment off of my to-do list as I finish up.


And I certainly dive into reading picture books for review. So when I went to the library this week to change out the children's display case, you can imagine my delight when the librarian told me the book I was waiting for had arrived. Not long ago I ran into Jess Keating at Nerd Camp MI where we were both presenting and where I learned all about her latest book Shark Lady - The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean's Most Fearless Scientist.



I always want to support fellow authors, but I can't afford to buy every book by every person I know. So, I did the next best thing. I asked my librarian if she would order it. You can do that you know!

And when I began to read, I was really glad I did. Not only do I love biographical picture books, but Jess is a really, really splendid story teller. I adore the way she uses swimming or water related words like "diving" to convey Eugenie's excitement about the ocean, science,and sharks. Now it's your turn to dive into helping a great kidlit author__ go ask your librarian to order a copy too. You won't be sorry.

Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard really good things about this book! I'll have to ask my librarian if she can order it too! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tina and definitely ask your librarian. This is an awesome book!

      Delete