Monday, August 7, 2017

A Reunion And A Great AAA-OOO

This past week Emily, her friend, my sister, and I attended a Mud Hens game. This was our second game of the season and since it was the Mascot's birthday there were fireworks after. It's not often we get to enjoy fireworks twice in the same summer.

 







I also attended my thirtieth high school reunion. What can I say? Thirty years. How did thirty years go by so quickly? How can I possibly be pushing fifty when I still feel about twenty-five.
Well enough about my age, it was nice to see many of my classmates again. Especially some who I hadn't seen for thirty years.


 


And I wrapped the week up by reading a funny book by English author/illustrator Jonny Lambert titled The Great AAA-OOO. In this story there is a monster in the woods making horrible noises and all the frightened animals end up in the same tree. The hysterics that ensue are terribly funny and the discovery of the monster's identity might just surprise you.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment