Monday, March 6, 2017

Breakfast, Rocks, and Painting

This past week Emily and I volunteered at The Flamin' Hot Breakfast. The Flamin' Hot Breakfast is the fundraiser for our home school branch of Mansfield Christain School. Emily always signs up to bus tables and I sign up to decorate a table. I chose a Valentine type theme for our family's table_ Home School is Sweet. I made valentine hearts that had all of our subjects on them and printed off pictures of Emily's field trips, art projects, and science experiments. Thankfully I took a picture of the vase I used for the center piece because I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished product.



This past week we were still working on painting rocks for the new group we joined, North Central Ohio Rocks as well. Emily finished her lady bug and I am working on a bee. I still have to paint the wings and antenna as well as give it a clear coat.


I kept taking the rock we found with me, so we could leave it somewhere new for another individual to find. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting it was in the deep recesses of my purse. Finally, I gave it to Emily. She went with a friend to see the Lego Batman movie and promised to leave at the theater somewhere.

This week my reading selection involved painting, a painting elephant to be precise. Ellie, by Mike Wu, is the story of an elephant who wants to help keep her zoo from closing down. Ellie becomes downhearted when she can't seem to find a talent like all the other animals, but one day she stumbles upon a paint brush and an artist is born.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.


4 comments:

  1. Leaving the painted rock somewhere sounds like a fun idea.

    Thanks for sharing on #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very fun and only costs a little paint and clear spray :0)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing at Literacy Musing Mondays. :) So sweet you and your daughter serving together.

    ReplyDelete