Monday, October 3, 2016

Cats, Cats, Cats

I can't believe October is already here and Christmas is just around the corner. And while I have loved managing the Farmers' Market here in my home town, I am ready to take a break. Our last market was loads of fun and my Avon vendor led children in a dance party while our local dj spun us some great tunes!



But, now that market is over I can focus on traveling to book festivals, participating in local craft fairs with my story sister and fellow author, Deborah Boerema, and getting ready for the coming holidays.
 

And speaking of market being over, that also leaves me more time to read books. So this week, in honor of my three crazy cats, I read three cat books. The first book was titled, Holly, and is illustrated and written by Ruth Brown. It is the story of a stray kitten adopted near Christmas time.  and while it is several years old and not readily available online, it is definitely worth seeing if your library has a copy. I liked this book because it reminded me of our first cat Max who was also a stray dumped in our neighborhood.
 
 
The next book I read was Hero Cat by Eileen Spinelli, and author I have read before. It is the story of another stray cat, a momma with kittens. One day while she is out getting something to eat, a fire breaks out endangering her five kittens. Despite the spoke and heat, she manages to rescue them all much to the amazement of one of the firefighters who takes them all to a rescue center. Like the first story, this one is also based on a real cat.


And last, but not least, I read Calico's Curious Kittens which follows the adventures of some curious and sometimes naughty kittens who gallivant  until nap-time. As they explore their world, they make a large new friend along the way and have a few mishaps until momma cat shows up to take them home.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by and join the Literacy Musing Monday Link Up where you will find other great blogs, or my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days. 






2 comments:

  1. Great choices....reminds me of a book that I used to read to my children, Kittens Are Like That by Jan Pfloog.

    ReplyDelete