Monday, July 18, 2016

Half Way Through and My Love For You...

I can't believe we are halfway through summer break already, but my family and I have been making the most of it. Every Friday Bobby, Emily, her Aunt Kay, and I go bowling through the Summer Bowling Program. We aren't fantastic bowlers, but what we lack in skill we make up with enthusiasm. So you can imagine my surprise when I made my first ever Turkey (three strikes in a row).


Emily and are are also continuing to enjoy Farmers' Market. She stays busy through the week making magnets to sell and I bake up a storm. My best seller has turned out to be my blueberry/banana bread.
We have a pool party coming up for a friends birthday, and Emily often has friends for overnight stays.

Something else exciting happened this past week. I won a recent contest hosted by KidLit TV and my prize arrived on Saturday. It was a autographed copy of My Love For You is the Sun. I was extra excited to receive this book because it is written by my Face Book friend Julie Hedlund; and it is illustrated by my friend and super dooper incredibly talented human being, Susan Eaddy. Julie's story of love for her child, told in rhyme, is tender and well done. Susan's sculpted clay illustrations are so strikingly beautiful and detailed it almost takes my breath away. This book is one of those books you will definitely want to have in your kidlit collection.




I also received a fun craft bag with my book that included sculpting clay and some accessories to make a creation of my own. And while I have yet to attempt a masterpiece, I will soon. Emily and I did a craft project last year that is similar and that was our salt dough project where we used cookie cutters and ink stampers on our dough.

Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by and join the Literacy Musings Monday Blog Hop where you will find other great blogs, or my personal website, Fun With Aileen, where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own early grade Fern Valley chapter book series and my Quack and Daisy picture book series. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days. 

4 comments:

  1. Aileen! I am thrilled that YOU won this contest!! I know that you and Emily will make something special with the kit. Yay for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Miss Susan. I will be sure to let you know and I will post pics when we are done with our projects :0)Keep on creating your beautiful works of art!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely book! Isn't it fun to win giveaways? Thanks for sharing at the #LMMLinkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I love winning. Especially great books! Thanks for stopping by :0)

      Delete