Monday, July 11, 2016

Fun, Family, and Fireworks!

This past week was a happy busy week. We came home from our camping trip, readied for Friday night bowling, readied for Farmers' Market, and had some hair raising stat-icky good times in our own back yard.



We also attended fireworks. Most cities host fireworks for the Fourth of July, but Shelby always waits until the following weekend and sets of fire works during the annual Bicycle Days. The fire works didn't last long, but I did manage to get a few fairly decent pictures during the show. And believe me, it was quite the job to get those few non blurry pictures.



 


And of course, I rounded the week out by reading two great books. Because let's face it, life with a little kidlit is always a good thing.

The first book I read was Five Little Ducks which is a retelling of the song by that name. The pictures are bright and colorful and there is even a cd version in the back of the book. So if your children love both music and stories like me, be sure to look for this book.

 
The second book I read was called Win Or Lose, I Love You. Written by Christian author Lysa Terkeurst, it is the story of good sportsmanship. All the animals of the forest are having field day and learn that winners shouldn't brag, losers shouldn't cry, and everyone should do their best in everything they try! And at the very end of the book, there are ten Biblical words of wisdom whether you win or lose accompanied by scriptures. This book would make a great Sunday school  read or even an addition to Christian home school curriculum.

 
Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by and join the Literacy Musings Monday Blog Hop where you will find other great blogs, or my personal website, Fun With Aileen, where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own early grade Fern Valley chapter book series and my Quack and Daisy picture book series. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days. 

2 comments: