Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hooray For Liebster Awards!

As I was upgrading my blog today, I notice that I received a Liebster Award from the wonderfully encouraging, Marja Meijers. My first thought was, That is so awesome, an award. This thought was quickly followed by, But what the heck is a Liebster Award? As I pondered what this award could mean, the words of a fellow blogger came to mind, "Thank God for Google!"

So a Googling I went, and I learned that Liebster is German for "Good Friend". Apparently people who have a blog with less then 200 followers are candidates for this award. It signifies that someone who has read and enjoyed your work believes that it warrants more attention then it is receiving. The condition for accepting this award is to share the five top blogs you feel also deserve a Liebster. You must then let the nominees know they too are award winners.

After thinking long and hard, and per the requirements of receiving a Liebster award, here are my nominees for great blogs that should have more followers:

~Fresh Insights On Ancient Truths by Marja Meijers

~A Woman's Voice by Dolores Ayotte

~The Eclectic Christian Blogger by Amanda Stephan

~Lisa Tortorello~Teacher and Author by Lisa Tortorello

And yes, I am aware that four is not quite the five I am supposed to come up with; but as a writer I figure I am allowed a little lee way. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Signing off for now with wishes for a bright and beautiful day!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for Liebster Awards! Liebster comes from the German word Liebe (love) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently my source was a little off on the definition, Thanks for correcting! We can all use lots of Liebe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you saw before, I was also having a bad spelling day Hurray instead of Hooray. Thank God for proofreaders and editors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Liebster award! I am really feeling the love!!

    ReplyDelete