Monday, January 7, 2019

Possibilities

It's 2019, a New Year full of possibilities that are yet to be explored. Doesn't that just make you tingle with anticipations? Bobby, Emily, and I started 2019 by staying up till midnight and watching the ball drop. I must admit that I miss the old traditional ball and Dick Clark, but Emily was excited to drink her Orange Cream Soda and eat Jalapeno Cheetos well after her normal bedtime. She then spent the day with one of her besties.


Apparently the thought of a brand new year filled me with energy because I began cleaning out closets and cupboards like there was no tomorrow. Several garbage bags later I took a break and worked on a picture book manuscript from one of my Storystorm ideas. The New Year also brought me a new critique partner who I am excited to get to know.


And finally, I read one of the books Emily received for Christmas. The fourth in the Wollstonecraft Series, The Case of The Perilous Palace met all my expectations. I love UK author Jordan Stratford's style and the way he takes real life characters and gives them a more romantic and mysterious life, a blending of history and fiction.


The main characters Ada Lovelace and Mary Shelley, parted by Ada's overbearing grandmother, manage to reunite with the help of the princess who needs their services. Someone has stolen one of her sketch books, the sketch book that allows her to put down her feelings in a code only known to her. The thief leads the girls on a merry chase, and when caught, surprises everyone but Ada.

Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.


No comments:

Post a Comment