Monday, November 12, 2018

When God Made Light


This past week we felt the repercussions of Daylight Savings Time. It now gets dark at five in the afternoon. I won't bore you with the details of our bodies adjusting to the hours being off or the early darkness. Let's just suffice it to say that we are making the best of winter darkness.


We also received the first snow of the season which required us to enjoy the bounty of wood my husband split a few weeks ago.

So although the weather outside was frightful, inside we were toasty and comfortable which makes a perfect setting for reading. And this week my library stack gave forth a book called When God Made Light. A book told in rhyme that shares creation story of light and dark in a fun and creative way. In addition to enjoying the story and the beautiful artwork, I was thrilled to see that the illustrator was a fellow Ohioan. Oh how the little things in life bring me joy.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.


No comments:

Post a Comment