Monday, April 23, 2018

Southern Kentucky Book Festival Part I

Hey everyone. The family and I are home safe and sound from our recent Bowling Green, Kentucky trip where I participated in my fifth Southern Kentucky Book Festival. I know I've said this more than once, but this festival is one of my all time favorites. Not only is it run well by the amazing
Sarah Volpi and her awesome volunteer staff, it is a place of unimaginable fun. A place where I catch up with literary friends, make new friends, engage with readers, and convince friends and random strangers to take lots of photos for me____lots!

This year I posed with some of my kidlit besties like Mark Wayne Adams author, illustrator, and owner of  a paper bow tie. Be sure to click on the link above and check out his long list of fabulous work.

Me, Mark, and accidental photo bomber and new friend Alisha Klapheke

And Debbie Dadey who reveled with delight along side me when we met the oh so famous and oh so nice Loren Long. Debbie, who I aspire to be like, with her hundreds of  Bailey School Kid and Mermaid Tail books.

Debbie Dadey, Loren Long, and Me

And of course no visit would be complete without advice from my girl MG author Gail Nall, a hug from my girl MG author Kristin O'Donnell Tubb, and a smile from my girl children's author JessicaYoung.

Debbie Dadey, Me, Gail Nall, and new friend Stephanie Faris
New friend Jennifer Maschari, Me, and Kristin O'Donnell Tubb
New friend and panel mate Holly Niner, Me, Jessica Young, and Gail Nall
You can't even imagine how much laughing goes on when I hang with these fabulous ladies and gents. I just wished laughing burned more calories, lol. If you've ever been to a book fair you know the plethora of books can be overwhelming, so I encourage you to check out the links I've provided and browse these authors wonderful books at your leisure.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for SOKY part two, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your panel on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It means the world to me that you stopped by to mention that. Wishing you m any days of great reading and writing!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great book fair Aileen, I missed a picture of your book table :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to get one, lol :0) Thanks for stopping by Ms. Marja!

      Delete
  3. I love fun book festivals. Thanks for sharing on the #LMMLinkup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Thanks for stopping by and leaving comment luv :0)

      Delete