Monday, April 25, 2016

SOKYBF 2016

Sorry this post is a little later then normal, but we didn't get home from Kentucky until late. Kentucky, our home away from home. The place where I attend the Southern Kentucky Book Festival while my family visits relatives and rides horses.

Kentucky

 
Author Table at SOKY 2016

And if you've never been to a book festival or fair, I recommend them heartily. I recommend them because they are an extraordinary place to find great books by authors and illustrators you know and love as well as authors and illustrators you don't yet know but might come to love. It's a place to make great new friends and visit long time friends. It's a place of wonder and a place I love to be a part of!

Southern Kentucky Book Festival
Debbie Dadey, Ginny Smith, and Me

This year I reunited with some of my besties like Lori Moore, Debbie Dadey, and Mark Wayne Adams, Emily's favorite illustrator.

Me, George, and Lori Moore

Debbie Dadey and Me

Mark Wayne Adams and Emily

I once again had the privilege of sitting next to Gail Nall, and enjoyed catching up with Jessica E. Young, Alison Lyne, Susan Eaddy, Matt Payne, Bruce Kessler, Kristin Tubb, and Mike Norris.

Gail Nall and Debbie Dadey
Gail Nall, Debbie Dadey, and Me





Me and Kristin Tubb

Jessica E. Young and New Friend Kay Whitehouse

In addition, I met some fabulous new friends like Gary Cieradkowski, Amanda Driscol, Kay Whitehouse, Margo Smith, Sara Celi, and I finally got to meet FB friend Julie Danielson. Despite reveling in children's books, I also have friends in other genres, friends like Ginny Smith, Carey Corp, Lori Langdon, and new friend Ray Peden, whom I was equally excited to see.

Susan Eaddy, Linda Hawkins, Julie Danielson, and Gary Cieradkowski


Margo Smith



So if you weren't as blessed as I was and weren't able to attend the Southern Kentucky Book Festival, be sure to check out these great books online at Barnes and Noble or Amazon!

















 

Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by and join the Literacy Musings Monday Blog Hop where you will find other great blogs, or my personal website, Fun With Aileen, where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own early grade Fern Valley chapter book series and my Quack and Daisy picture book series. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days. 























6 comments:

  1. Aileen: I had a great time meeting you and so many other new writer friends...it's quite a fraternity of kindred spirits. Could it be that the networking is as much fun as the craft? Look forward to the next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely kindred spirits Ray. And I imagine the networking is as fun as you make it. I make it lots of fun :0) Hope to run into you again in the future. Best wishes and warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. Wow, it looks like you had a great time between all these books and writers! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly did. And thank you for reading my blogs and always leaving comment luv!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend!

    Thanks for sharing at #bloggerspotlight

    ReplyDelete