Monday, October 27, 2014

Learning To Be A Lady



Our homeschool journey is going quite well; and as promised, Emily's father and I are doing our best to make sure she keeps connected to her former classmates. Just this past Friday she had her bi-monthly classes at her former school, and we brought a friend home with us for a play date. Since it was a special occasion I made them a fruit pizza for dessert. I'm telling you, it doesn't get much better then that.
 

This year Emily, along with another friend and former classmate, joined American Heritage Girls which is basically a spiritual version of Girl Scouts. One of the things that they want the girls to learn is how to be a true lady. And by that, I mean someone who thinks of others more then themselves. To me, this is a beautiful thing since this is a lesson her father and I have been teaching her as well.

 So when I randomly picked a book from  our stack to read for this review, I thought it was amazing that one of the main points of the story was how a princess learned to be more thoughtful and less spoiled. It's titled Lady Lollipop and it's an adorable story of a king, a queen, a princess, an orphan boy, and a very intelligent pig. And the black and white pencil style drawings add to the story and made me almost want to adopt a pig of my own___ almost.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. And feel free to drop by my personal website, Fun With Aileen, any day of the week for even more on reading, writing, my very own early grade chapter book, Fern Valley, and my sequel, Return To Fern Valley! I'm also on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment