Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Jelly Beans Aren't Just For Easter!

Tonight for her her homework reading requirement my daughter, Emily, read the The Jellybeans and the Big Dance to me. At first I thought it would be a book about Easter with Jellybeans being so prominent in the title, but it was actually a lovely book about friendship. To be more precise, it was a book about totally different individuals who felt that they will be unlikely to be friends until they discovered something they had in common. You guessed it, they all loved jellybeans.

This discovery led them to realize that although they were different they could still be friends and have a wonderful time dancing together. As soon as Emily started reading and told me that the main character was named Emily, I knew this book was sure to be a winner with her. After all how can you not love a book whose main character has your name. But don't fret, even if your darling isn't named Emily, I'm sure she will love this book about friendship, dancing, and jellybeans!

Signing off for now with wishes for a bright and beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment