Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cross Promoting


One of the things I learned early on in my writing career is the benefit of helping fellow authors. Cross promoting is beneficial for both parties because it opens up a broader audience then either author would have alone. Cross promoting reminds me of the story of Stone Soup where each person brought one thing to add to the pot of soup. When each person added their one item, the soup became complete and plentiful enough for all to share.

I have tried to cross promote fellow authors since the start. I have tweeted, posted, and touted the talents of many, but recently I have been making efforts to make my Face Book page more useful. One of the ways I have devised to do this is by creating catchy names for each day of the week. I now have Sensational Sunday, Marvelous Monday, Tantalizing Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Thoughtful Thursday, Fantastic Friday, and Satisfying Saturday. Having established interesting days of the week, I now promote at least one or sometimes two fellow children's authors per day. When mixed in with all my regular Fern Valley news it makes for a very lively site that I think my fans are enjoying even more then before.

So my advice to authors everywhere is to find others who write in a genre similar to yours and start working together. And while you're at it, stop by Fern Valley's site even if it's just to say hi.

Signing off for now with wishes for a bright and beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment