Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Little Faith


Do you ever have moments when you wonder why you ever became an author? I know I do. I have those depressing moments when I wonder is my book ever going to take off, when I wonder what will I do next, when I wonder is it worth all the effort. And then, I remind myself that Rome was not built in a day. I say a little thank you prayer and put things back into the hands of the one who knows all.

I don't believe anything in this life is random and I believe that the creator of the universe has a plan for both me and my book. The problem lies in the fact that I can not always see what the plan is ahead of time. I have found, however, that when I am able to relax and simply trust in my Heavenly Father things have a way of turning out for the best. Hind sight, as they say, is definitely 20/20 and looking back I can see a pattern of good things happening at just the right times.

Last week is an example of this. Not only did I find out that I was a winner in The Authors Show "50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading" contest, I also found out that Fern Valley was selected to be part of the 2011 Kart Kids Book List.

It's times like these that makes me wonder why I ever doubt. Although there seems to be this eternal struggle, I feel that I am becoming a stronger person because as I mentioned before those times of doubt are but moments. Ultimately I choose whether or not I will continue to entertain such negative thoughts. The answer of course is always a resounding "NO". As a good friend of mine always says, "I choose joy."

So when your literary endeavors seem to be less then stellar and you too have those I wonder moments, remind yourself that a little faith is all that's needed. Signing off for now with wishes for a bright and beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts, Aileen. Thank you for encouraging a fellow author today.

    I have said to hubby a few times, as I cried or thought about taking my second book out of production, a privilege to walk by faith and definitely not sight in the "new author" department.

    Blessings to you, and CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! Wow, I rejoice with you on being a winner in the Author Show and getting on the 2011 Kart Kids Book List. Wow. I pray the Lord speaks to the children through your lovely heart and book song.

    ~Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind response Cara. I am glad you found encouragement and wish you the best in all your literary endeavors!

    ReplyDelete