Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kid's Do Indeed say the Darndest Things!

Art Linkletter, well know for many things; but probably most famous for his show "Kids Say The Darndest Things", passed away today. And while Mr. Linkletter is no longer with us, the legacy he left behind will carry on beacause children truely are funny and always will be.

My daughter has had darndest moments since she could speak. The most memorable to me is when she was three and I called her Nosey Rosie. She looked at me with the straightest poker face and said, "Mommy, I'm not nosey."

"Then what do you call it," I asked.

"I just need to know everything," she replied. My husband and I laughed over that one for weeks.

Why is it that kids seem to be funnier than adults? Is it the fact that they say exactly what's on their mind because they don't know any better? Is it the fact that they often mix things up or get them wrong? My daughter still thinks we eat fruit cottontail instead of cocktail. Is it the fact that they often don't understand what they are saying? Perhaps it is a combination of all of the above.

Whatever the reason, I encourage you to enjoy these funny kid moments for all they are worth because it is the small happy memories we make each day that is the glue of life. These are the memories that help us get through life's difficult moments. These are the future stories we will tell our children's children. Signing of for now with wishes for a bright and beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. this is sweet. My sons said the darndest things too, of course. One that was more profound that funny was when my son was 2 and my Dad had just died. "Mom, the part that loves is the strongest part, and that part didn't die"

    ReplyDelete