Monday, January 15, 2018

Snow!

This past week Emily and I attended Cook Book Club and wouldn't you know, I forgot to take pictures. The theme was soup, but Emily made an eclair dessert she found on Pinterest (which was super delicious), and I made rolls to go with everyone else's soup.

We also had some roller coaster weather. You know that fifty degrees one day and zero the next kind of weather. And with the return to cold, we had snow. Lots and lots of snow. Of course we made provisions for our backyard buddies, but I'm pretty sure they are as tired of the snow as I am.



So I found it totally appropriate that the book I grabbed from my to read pile  for this week's review was titled Snow Bear. When I saw this book at the library, I just knew I had to read it even though it was from 1999. I had to read it, not only because it was a winter themed book; but because the paintings are by my superbly talented friend Wendell Minor. This story, about an Eskimo girl and a polar bear cub, is told from several points of view which I enjoyed. The mother bear watches. The older brother watches. And the girl and the cub become fast friends. Someone more dangerous than either mother bear or brother and his gun appears. But all ends up as it should. Wendell's artwork lends a hand in taking the reader on a wonderful arctic journey, and I'm pretty sure adults and children alike will love this book!


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter  @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment