Monday, May 29, 2017

Libraires, Friends, and Family

I can't believe how much has happened in the last four days. This past Thursday, I hosted a Farmers' Market meeting at my local library to update my vendors on what will be happening this year; and while I was there, the library director asked me to fill the vacancy on the Board of Trustees. So now I am a trustee member and will meet with the other trustees once a month to determine library policy and other library business. I also switched out the children's display to get ready for the Summer Reading Program. This year's theme is Building A Better World.



Next I took Emily to a round of parties. The first was an end of school party where the girls played tag and made fancy candle jars. The second was a bowling birthday party.



And finally, I spent a day and a half preparing for a family get-together with my husbands relatives. It's been quite a while since all twenty-two of us have been able to get together in one place for something other than a funeral, so it was nice.


 


"But did I read any books," you ask? Of course. I managed to read two books this weekend. First, I read a book about finding books at the library called We're Going On A Book Hunt. Totally appropriate for a library volunteer and Board of Trustees member, and a fun read for kids four to eight as they watch a class of bears take a trip to the library in search of the just right reads!


The second book I read was called Fox and Fluff and was an adorable tale of family. This story of a Fox who accidentally adopts a small chick shows that family doesn't always have to mean the people you are born too, but can mean the people you come to love. This book is a bit older (2002), but I would definitely check to see if your local library has a copy.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on joining the board! :) Fox and Fluff looks like such a cute book. I love those candle jars too - they look really effective! #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete