Monday, April 3, 2017

April Showers

I'm sure you've all heard the old saying April Showers Bring May Flowers. However, in case of those of us living in Ohio, April showers bring April flowers. Crocus and daffodils are the early spring flowers around here, and I look forward to them each year.





And speaking of showers, when it rains it pours. The other night our microwave gave up the ghost and joined our grill in appliance heaven. Now most of you probably don't know just how much my husband, Bobby, despises shopping, especially on a Saturday. Well, let me assure you it is an immense amount. But when the appliance you use the most, after the fridge and the coffee maker, dies, you just have to bite the bullet and go in search of a new one.

So with determined spirit, I encouraged Bobby to drive me to Wal-Mart where we chose a new one. And since we were already out, and already driving past Sam's Club, and I'd been trying to get him to go there for months, I also wrangled him into stopping there and looking at the grill I've had my eye on for quite some time. So now, I can officially heat left overs and grill those burgers, hot dogs, and kabobs!

April also means my busy season of book fairs and traveling. Next weekend I will be participating in Ohioan in Columbus and would love for any fellow Ohio friends to stop over and visit a while. And toward the end of the month, I will be attending the Southern Kentucky Book Festival in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and the Local Author Fair at the Birchwood Public Library in Freemont, Ohio.


And Finally, April means Easter. Well , at least this year it does. Do you find it strange like me that sometimes Easter is in March and sometimes in April? Apparently it has something to do with a Fourth Century ruling that placed Easter on the first Sunday after the Full Moon of Spring. This means Easter can be as early as March 22cd or as late as April 25th. Just thought I'd sneak a little history lesson in on you there.
 

Which brings us to this week's book reviews or shall I say Easter Book List. These books have been around for a while, but they still continue to be family Easter favorites. There is of course, The Parabel of the Lily available in both English or Spanish versions.



There is The Story of Easter.


There is The Jelly Beans And The Big Dance which isn't really about Easter, but who can resist jelly beans.
 

And while I've yet to read the book, God Gave Us Easter, I would love to read it soon!


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.





2 comments:

  1. These books look so fun. I want to read the Parable of the Lily with my grands. Thanks so much for sharing on the #LMMLinkup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for stopping by Ms. Mary. Happy Easter to you and yours!

      Delete