Monday, January 9, 2017

Let's Get Cleaning!

A week into the New Year finds me with an urge to get my house in order and clean, clean, clean. I have already managed to organize and clean up the overflowing post it notes on my bulletin board, file my household paper work, and organize all my tax receipts. Next on the agenda is to do some extra vacuuming like the basement stairs, and the stairs leading to the second floor. And after all the fires in the fireplace, some heavy dusting is probably a good idea. Eventually I will tackle the closets, and I might even clean out my refrigerator, but that could be pushing it a bit; so we will see.

 I've also been participating in the wonderful Tara Lazar's Story Storm 2017. The idea behind Story Storm is that you think up one new story idea for everyday in the month of January. One of the story ideas that I came up with included giving a cat a bath. Coincidentally the book I reviewed this week was also about bath time. How To Wash A Wooly Mammoth by Michelle Robinson is said book and it definitely tickled my funny bone.


A young girl explains in a step by step process how one goes about giving a wooly mammoth a bath. It proves quite a difficult task, so the young girl has to be creative to get her mammoth clean. I loved this story. I loved the way it was written as a step by step how to guide. I also loved the illustrations including the end paper before the title page. It has some quite interesting bottles of shampoo and soap as well as cleaning implements like combs. If you take the time to read the bottles I think it will be quite worth the time.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days. 

6 comments:

  1. Very fun :0) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if a wooly mammoth would balk at being run through one of those drive-thru semi truck washer places....*hmmm* *LOL*

    Here's my Friendship Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but it would make for an intriguing pb idea :0)

      Delete
  3. Hi, you were the most clicked this week at the #LMMLinkup. ;)

    I wish I had known about Story Storm a few days earlier, but I am glad I know now.

    Thanks for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm sorry. It didn't occur to me to post until after I had already started.

      Delete