By playing board games.
By practicing Padawan skills.
And by celebrating with family and friends at the Berean Baptist New Years Eve Party.
So now, as is tradition, I will recap my favorite reads of 2016 in no particular order.
1. The Map Trap by Andrew Clement
2. Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry
3. The Night Gardner by the Fan Brothers
4. It Came In The Mail by Ben Clanton
5. Mary Smith by A. Uren
6. A Piece of Home by Jeri Watts
7. Memoirs of A Parrot by Devin Scillian
8. Surf's Up by Kwame Alexander
9. Gator Dad by Brian Lies
10. What To Do With A Box by Jane Yolan
And as a bonus, my first read of the New Year__
They All Saw A Cat by Brendan Wenzel which is a story about perception. Many animals see Cat. Cat even sees Cat. But how each one perceives Cat is quite different. The text and illustrations work perfectly together to make an interesting read.
Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by Literacy Musings Mondays for more great blogs as well as my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.