Monday, December 26, 2016

The Missed Blog Posts

Hey everyone! I'm sure some of you noticed that I missed the past two Mondays, and I just wanted to explain why there were no blog posts or book reviews. My mother ended up in intensive care and passed away unexpectedly early Friday December 16th. Losing a loved one is never easy no matter what time of the year it occurs, but losing a loved one right before Christmas leaves one with extra stress.


Thankfully my family's faith has sustained us all. I know in my heart that my mom is with her Lord and Savior. I know in my heart that I will join her in heaven one day. I know in my heart that she would have wanted us to celebrate Christ's birth and our chance to be together with joy, so that is what we did. We opened our gifts. We ate lots of cookies I baked. And we even invited some friends over who had also lost their last remaining parent/grandparent this year.
 

  





And, I managed to read one book as I worked on finding my new normal. That book was It Came In The Mail by Ben Clanton, and it was highly amusing. After all, who doesn't love to get something in the mail? I know my daughter and I certainly do and so does the main character Liam. Unfortunately, Liam never receives any mail. So one day he decides to take matters into his own hands and he writes a letter to his mailbox requesting mail. The items that start arriving are unusual and fun but soon Liam has more then he can handle. Be sure to read this book for yourself to fine out just how Liam handles a mail overload.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. Also be sure to drop by and my personal website Fun With Aileen where you will find more on reading, writing, and my very own chapter and picture books. And finally, you can find me on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days. 




No comments:

Post a Comment