Monday, July 13, 2015

Books, Detectives, and Ducks

Normally I have my Monday blog done by Sunday evening, but this week I was a little behind and just finished it this morning. One of the reasons was that I had a book event at the Loganberry Books in Shaker Heights this past week.

Loganberry is a incredible book store in a historical building full of architectural charm. In the alley like space between Loganberry and the store next door is where they set the authors up. Further adding to all the interesting features is the wall on their side which has a large mural of book spines.

Loganberry Books
 
Author Aileen Stewart
 
Loganberry Books Mural

On the way to the store, construction caused me to go a little out of my way, but thanks to my handy GPS, I was able to determine an alternate route to my destination. I am so incredibly thankful for this technology!

For this week's review, I read a book called, The Web Files, about two duck detectives that had to solve a mystery the old fashioned way without any new fangled technology like I used. It is a hilarious book full of alliteration and old nursery rhyme characters. And for the adults who are old enough to remember, the parody of a show called Dragnet will cause you to enjoy this book, possibly even more then your children!


So if  you have a chance, I recommend you search out this book. And if you are ever in the area, be sure to stop by and visit Loganberry Books also.

Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. And feel free to drop by my personal website, Fun With Aileen, any day of the week for even more on reading, writing, my very own early grade chapter book, Fern Valley, the sequel, Return To Fern Valley, the soon to be released Cooking In Fern Valley (fall 2015) and my very first picture book, Quack and Daisy! I'm also on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.








 




2 comments:

  1. I linked up right before you at the Kid Lit Blog Hop. This book looks like so much fun! I wanted to invite you to link up anytime at my weekly all-things-books linky party, Booknificent Thursday, at Mommynificent.com. We'd love to have you!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss Tina. That is so very kind :0)

      Delete