Monday, April 28, 2014

A Wonderfully Made Built-In Home



This past week was a bit rough at my house as I was under the weather, so there weren't any funny anecdotes, enticing recipes, or fun photos from trips to share except for a few from Emily's Laura Ingles Wilder Celebration at school. I didn't get as many pics as I wanted because one, only one boy dressed up and two, I only stayed until noon.

 

But once I was feeling a bit better, I decided it was time to review a book by Christian author Janis Cox called Tadeo Turtle. Miss Cox approached me a while back and asked if I would review her book. She sent me a free e-copy for my unbiased, honest, opinion.

As I began reading, I was quickly drawn in by the attractive water color paintings that accompanied the rhyming text. Written as a Christian example of how we are all lovingly and wonderfully made, it was a sweet story. There was one spot where the story did not flow as well as it might have, but over all it was fun. As an added bonus, the book also included several turtle crafts which were quite cute and would provide lots of extra entertainment value for children between the ages of four and nine. To learn more about Miss Cox stop on by website, He Cares For You, and look around!

Tadeo Turtle

Tadeo Turtle reminded me a bit of a book we already own called A Home For Little Turtle. It is out of print, but used copies are still available on Amazon. Although not written from the Christian perspective, the idea that a turtles shell is a wonderfully made built-in home is the same.


Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. And feel free to drop by my personal website, Fun With Aileen, any day of the week for even more on reading, writing, my very own early grade chapter book, Fern Valley, and my soon to be released sequel, Return To Fern Valley, coming summer of 2014! I'm also on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

2 comments:

  1. Tadeo Turtle sounds sweet and the cover looks appealing. I am happy to hear you are feeling better. Have a super rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. I hope you have a super week as well :0)

    ReplyDelete