Sunday, August 4, 2013

Blog Hop...hop...hop... Apology Version




As you all know authors are a crazy lot. Recently when my good friend and totally awesome author, Laura Eckroat, invited me to blog hop with her, I completely forgot. No excuse other then the fact that I can be a scatter brain.

I found out about my blunder when I posted an article for a blog hop to which I was invited yesterday. Laura kindly re-tweeted it, and then asked if I was supposed to be hopping with her. You can well imagine my mortification when I realized what I had done. So here and now, I would like to publicly apologize for my unintentional over-site. I would also like to post what should have been posted two weeks ago.

In addition, I want to thank Laura host of  The Books of Laura Eckroat Blog for not only inviting me, but for continuing to speak to me. Laura is not only forgiving, she is one of my favorite modern day children's authors. I have read both her first book, The Life Of Bud which is an excellent story of the seasons of life as experienced by a leaf, and her second book, A Simpler Time which is the story of a mother and daughter who take time out from the hustle and bustle of  everyday life and all it's complicated technologies to enjoy the simple things. Laura has two other books about the dog she adopted which you should check out as well!



With apologies out of the way, let me take a moment to start hopping. The blog hop rules are simple. Each author answers four questions and invites three other authors to participate during the following week. My author invitations  have gone out to three very entertaining and talented authors. You will see their names, book titles and links to their sites below.

But before we get to that, I will attempt to answer those blog hop questions!

 1) What am I working on right now?

This very morning I started a PB about a pig named Percy which I intend to call Percy The Pig Takes A Bath. A friend of mine, who owns a pot bellied pig, was telling me the other day about her pig, Percy, who doesn't like to get dirty. She jokingly told me I could use any of her stories as material for my books, and so I took her up on it. The concept is that Percy is jealous of the Farmer's children who are always clean. He doesn't like to get dirty or roll in the mud like the other pigs and therefore, the other pigs make fun of him. In the end Percy;s dreams will come true, however, and he will get to take a bath!
 

 2) How do my works differ from other works in it's genre?

This is such a hard question to answer because people have written about pigs before, people have written about jealousy, and being made fun of, and pretty much anything that can be written about. So I'd have to say it is the creation of my characters and their individual personalities that sets my work apart. My only published work so far, Fern Valley - A Collection of Short Stories, also differs in that most people write either picture books or chapter books but rarely collections.

 3) Why do you write what you do?

I write children's fiction because it is my true literary love. I have never outgrown the awe I feel when I read a good children's book and I hope I never do!

 4) How does your writing process work?

I don't really have a process. I get an idea and I write. I don't write every day like many people suggest all authors should. I write until I run out of things to say and then I take a break. When something new penetrates my brain, I write some more. Sometimes I leave a project for several months, but when I lovingly come back to ten it again I am usually full of fresh ideas.

Now that you all know me a little better, I'd like to introduce my three fellow hoppers...

My first hopper is Dicy McCullough author of several children's books of which my favorite is Tired of My Bath. She is a retired music teacher who has turned her talents to writing books that encourage children. Please stop by her Dicey McCullough Blog this Tuesday when she answers her own four questions and leave her some comment love!




My next hopper is Alyssa Pierce author of the Caroline and Rebecca series. I haven't yet read the second book in the series, but I enjoyed the first book Caroline And Rebecca: Rebecca Gets In Trouble very much. Alyssa is currently blogless, something she is working on rectifying, so just stop by her FB page Alyssa Pierce, and leave her some comment love anytime this week!




And last, but certainly not least, is my third hopper Charline Profiri author of  Guess Who's In The Dessert.and Counting Little Gekos. An Award-winning children's author, Charline Profiri is a former teacher and a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. Her board book Counting Little Gekos has sold over 49,000 copies. Soon to be available, her book  Rain, Rain, Stay Today: Southwestern Nursery Rhymes will debut in 2014. Charline also lacks a blog so be sure to hop on over to her FB page Charline Profiri and give her some comment love any time this week as well.





Signing off for now with Wishes for a bright and beautiful day!

6 comments:

  1. Wow those are some amazing books and subjects to read about. And i wanted to say I would love to see a "clean" pig story.. it sounds like fun!
    Thanks for sharing on Kid Lit Blog Hop!
    -Reshama @StackingBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by Resh. I must admit I have found some great stories by fellow authors in the past couple of years.

      Delete
  2. Some really interesting books in your list to check out. Also my kids will be keen to know more about the pot bellied pig Visiting from KidlitBlogHop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Miss Kriss. Hopefully some day a publisher wants a "clean" pig story as Miss Resh put it :0)

      Delete
  3. Fun! I love blog hops (visiting from the Kid Lit BH, btw). These are great questions for readers to get to know authors a little better. It's always so fun to read about upcoming projects, then get to see the final product when it later comes out!

    Thanks for linking into the KLBH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some comment love. It is appreciated!

      Delete