Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Creativity Takes Many Forms

As you all know, I am a children's author, but I have many other passions as well. I love cooking, geocatching, bird watching, putting together puzzles, sewing, genealogy, crafting, reading, gardening, and photography, to name a few. All of these things seem to spark my creative juices, but I have to admit, photography and writing are my two favorites. When I write, I string together words in such a way as to fashion a mental picture (a picture that may be different for each individual reader); and with photography, I  tell a story without any words. Sometimes, I even combine the two.

That being said, I just wanted to share some of my favorite 2013 summer pictures. And thank you to the friend who said the wagon wheel photo was a framer, because that is exactly what I thought.







 



 











I am curious to know what story you think my pictures tell and what you think they say about me as a person. So jump right in and leave some comment love.

Signing off for now with wishes for a bright and beautiful day!

4 comments:

  1. I love the photos, thank you for sharing your excellent photos. It looks like you and your family are enjoying the outdoors this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy. We have been having a truly fabulous summer! I hope you and your family are having an equally lovely summer as well.

      Delete
  2. Dear Aileen,

    Your post and your photos really made me smile - esp the 2nd one!

    I love so many of the things you shared and find they jumpstart my creativity too!

    Have an awesome week and thank you for joining us at Inspire Me Monday at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. So glad if I was able to inspire you in even a small way. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

      Delete