Monday, April 16, 2012

Christmas in April???



Emily and I were very excited to receive a package in the mail today. After all, it's not every day that we get fun and important mail. What was in our package, you ask? My good friend Lisa Tortorello's new children's book The Moose at the Manger. And to make matters even better, it was an autographed copy!

I first met Lisa last year at the Sandstone Book Expo where we were signing copies of our books. Her book at the time was a fabulous memoir called My Hero, My Ding about the special relationship between her and her grandfather. Lisa turned out to be a funny, warm, and witty person and I feel blessed to have made her acquaintance.

Since that day last summer, I have learned many things about Lisa. She is a teacher from Chicago, she is a talented writer, and she has a penchant for collecting moose. Did I say a penchant? Perhaps obsession is more like it. What ever you call it, that collection is what inspired her to write The Moose at the Manger. So if you like to Christmas shop a little early, I would recommend you check out the advance copies Lisa is offering on her blog. Then you too, can share Muse the Moose's journey as he looses his family, worships at the manger, and finds his family once again.

Even if you don't have children who might enjoy this book, snatch one or two up for all the moose lovers you know. And be sure to take a look at the pictures of Lisa's collection while you are there; you won't believe how many moose she actually has in her until you see them with your very own eyes.

Signing off for now with wishes for a bright and beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the book arrived! I hope Emily enjoys Muse's story!

    ReplyDelete