Friday, May 21, 2010

My First Blog

Well, friends, this is my first blog so bare with me as I learn how to do this! I am told it's what all the new authors are doing. I guess we will see. I really think writing my book was the easy part. Convincing the rest of the world I am worthy to be read, almost as hard as childbirth!

But, no one will be as passionate about "Fern Valley" as me; so I am trying to find all the creative and imaginative ideas I can to get the word out.

To date, I ordered a custom bumper sticker for my car that has my web address under the words New Children's Author and my photo on the side. My mom and brother both noticed without my saying anything, but they don't really count. Hopefully some non-relatives will notice as my car lingers in parking lots! I have also been passing out book marks at the library, business cards to almost everyone I meet, and I have come up with a list of good review sites.

I will be starting my editing phase in a few weeks, and that is when the real fun begins. Meanwhile, I will just keep plugging away. Signing off for now and wishing everyone a bright and beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment